Madelyn is in love with all things elmo, which she calls "Melmo." I find this very strange because in her entire life we have watched only one episode of Sesame Street. She doesn't have an elmo toy, or see him that often. He is in one of her coloring books at her Yia Yia's house, I think that is it. So, the other day we picked a couple of toothbrushes out and let her choose which one and she shouted, all excited, "Melmo!!" Now she is constantly wanting to brush her teeth so she can see Elmo.
Then the mommy lightbulb went on.... About a month ago we bought her big girl underwear to see if she could wear them around the house and help with potty training. The first attempt was awful, she peed all over the house and once she sat on the potty WITH her underwear on and peed! Ahhh! Well, we bought two packets of underwear, the first one we had opened with mickey and minnie mouse. The second, which we hadn't opened yet was ELMO!! I got the underwear out and she is running around the house giving herself a wedgie so she can get a better view of elmo. And she would never want to peepee on elmo!! So, we have a hit. The minute she wakes up or we walk in the door from being out on an errand she shouts "Melmo!" and we run and put on our underwear! LOVE IT!!!
Again, sorry no pictures, I have to upload them onto our other computer, edit them and upload them online, then get them from online while I'm on my laptop, kinda more than I want to deal with most days. :)
Saturday, February 12, 2011
"Melmo"
Posted by Scott Family Blog at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Are you sure she just can't decide between Melissa or Mo?
That's such a cute story! Can't wait to see Maddy debuting 'Melmo'.
I am being so bad about pictures, sorry! I think Mel-Mo is a great name for you! :) Hehe
Dru and Eli both called Elmo 'Melmo'...it's very cute! Sounds like potty training is going well...I can't fathom starting before 3...you go girl! Dru started at 2 or 2 1/2 and it about killed me!
Post a Comment